GCI recommends the following tips to make sure your computer is secure while working from home.
Set and forget these:
- AntiVirus needs to update daily and run a full scan once a week.
- Turn on automatic updates for windows.
- Use a firewall.
- Set secure passwords.
- Use 2 step authentication everywhere you can.
Stay aware of these:
- Keep current with security updates.
- Be suspicious and diligent about ads, popups, and phishing emails.
- Backup your data.
- Do not use any public / free wifi; make sure there is a security code for every SSID.